“Human Trafficking Standardized Patient Classroom Cases”
Wednesday, Nov 1, 2023
2:00 PM ET
Webinars are one hour in length. Space is limited.
Unable to attend live?
Register now and we’ll send you the link to the archived recording.
Human trafficking is not only a public health issue but a healthcare issue. Through medical simulation and the use of standardized patients, we have been able to simulate patients presenting to the Emergency Department for care. We will be discussing the two cases that we have developed. One patient is at risk of human trafficking and the other patient is living in a human trafficking situation. We will discuss ideas and opportunities on how to assist those at risk of Human Trafficking.
- Describe simulated exercises using standardized patients to train healthcare workers about Human Trafficking.
- Illustrate Standardized Patient classroom exercises using a pause and reflect format.
- Identify patients who are or may be victims of Human Trafficking.
- Distinguish the difference between patients at risk of Human Trafficking from patients who are actively in a Human Trafficking situation.
- Formulate ideas on how to assist those at risk of Human trafficking.