Sponsored by the World Confederation for Physical Therapy (WCPT), World Physical Therapy Day is an opportunity for physical therapists from all over the world to raise awareness about the crucial contribution their profession makes to keeping people well, mobile, and independent.
Founded in 1951, WCPT is the sole international voice for physical therapy, representing more than 450,000 physical therapists worldwide through its 107-member organizations.
WCPT believes every individual is entitled to the highest possible standard of culturally appropriate healthcare delivered in an atmosphere of trust and respect for human dignity, and underpinned by sound clinical reasoning and scientific evidence. It is committed to furthering the physical therapy profession and improving global health through:
- Encouraging high standards of physical therapy research, education and practice
- Supporting the exchange of information between WCPT regions and member organizations
- Collaborating with national and international organizations
What you can do:
- Follow WCPT on Twitter @WCPT1951 and RT the WCPT’s messages
- Follow WCPT on Facebook and Like and Share the WCPT’s postings
- Use the hashtag #WorldPTDay
- Share World PT Day resources on your own platforms